Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation™ (FIRO®)
The Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation™ (FIRO®) instruments help people understand their interpersonal needs and how those needs influence their communication style and behavior—and in the process improve their personal relationships and professional performance. These tools have helped individuals, teams, and organizations around the world grow and succeed by serving as a catalyst for positive behavioral change.
The FIRO assessments are based on social need theory: all living things seek equilibrium between their basic needs and getting those needs met. They address, gather, and present critical insights around these fundamental areas:
- How you tend to behave toward others
- How you want others to behave toward you
How They Help
The FIRO assessments are ideal for a wide range of applications, including the following:
Team building—to accelerate the team formation process and allow members to overcome barriers and progress to higher levels of performance
- Leadership and executive development—to identify leadership styles and help leaders unlock greater team performance by meeting the interpersonal needs of managers, peers, and direct reports
- Relationship building—to ensure that employees get the most out of working relationships by helping them understand how to meet the interpersonal needs of customers and stakeholders
- Professional development—to increase employees’ self-awareness for better understanding of how their positive behavioral changes boost morale, productivity, and engagement
- Conflict management—to improve skills for assessing different types of conflict and applying emotionally intelligent strategies
why we use firo
At Querencia, we're all about growth. And growth happens through development, preferably of the engaged, conscious variety. Firo is an awesome tool that helps develop professionals in vitally personalized ways that have the important and additional bonus of much broader collective impact. Firo's focus on measuring and understanding things like each person's needs and behaviors around issues like Involvement, Influence, and Connection ... Super Great!