California Psychological Inventory™ (CPI™)
The California Psychological Inventory™ (CPI™) assessments are powerful tools for helping individuals improve their performance and enabling organizations to find and develop high-potential employees and leaders and cultivate a rich pool of talent for building organizational success.
The CPI instruments help people gain a clearer picture of their personal and work-related characteristics, motivations, and thinking styles—as well as how they manage themselves and deal with others—and provide a view into their strengths and developmental opportunities.
The CPI model helps individuals discover their orientations toward people and interpersonal experience, toward rules and values, and toward their inner feelings. Participants’ results in these areas indicate which of four different ways of living, or lifestyles, best describe them and provide insights about how they see themselves and how they are seen by others.
Why They're Popular
The CPI instruments are trusted tools because they:
- Provide a portrait of both personal and work-related characteristics
- Develop leadership abilities by helping individuals better understand themselves and how they interact with others
- Help organizations identify talent by measuring results relating to occupational issues, creativity, leadership, amicability, and tough-mindedness
How They Help
The CPI assessment is ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Leadership development—help individuals and organizations identify leadership strengths and developmental opportunities
- Performance improvement—increase leaders’ self-awareness and help them adjust their behavior
- Succession planning—build leaders at all levels and strengthen the organization
- Selection and retention—help organizations find the right talent and keep them engaged
- Executive coaching—can be used to create developmental plans that empower leaders to reach their full potential
Adapted from: https://www.cpp.com/products/cpi/index.aspx